Bogotá Climate & Temperature
- Bogotá, Colombia is at 4°42'N, 74°9'W, 2546 m (8353 ft). See map.
- Bogotá has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Bogotá is situated in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 13.3 degrees Celsius (55.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 0.9 °C (1.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 19.5°C (67.1°F) on average falling to 5.9°C (42.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 19.3°C (66.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 8°C (46.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 18.2°C (64.8°F) and average low temperatures are 7.5°C (45.5°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 18.9°C (66°F) during the day and lows of 7.4°C (45.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 824 mm (32.4 inches) which is equivalent to 824 Litres/m˛ (20.21 Gallons/ft˛).
- On average there are 1710 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Bogota you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Jakarta, Java, Indonesia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Bogotá Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Bogotá Climate Graph in Metric Units
Bogotá Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Bogotá, Colombia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: