Climate of Bogota, Colombia Average Weather
- Bogota, Colombia is at 4°42'N, 74°9'W, 2546 m (8353 ft). See map.
- Bogota has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Bogota is situated in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 13.3 degrees Celsius (55.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 0.9 °C (1.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 19.5°C (67.1°F) on average falling to 5.9°C (42.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 19.3°C (66.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 8°C (46.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 18.2°C (64.8°F) and average low temperatures are 7.5°C (45.5°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 18.9°C (66°F) during the day and lows of 7.4°C (45.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 824 mm (32.4 inches) which is equivalent to 824 Litres/m² (20.21 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1710 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Bogota you would come out nearest to the climate station at Jakarta, Java, Indonesia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Bogota, Colombia Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: