Bogotá Climate & Temperature
- Bogotá, Colombia is at 4°42'N, 74°9'W, 2546 m (8353 ft). See map.
- Bogotá has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Bogotá is situated in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 13.3 degrees Celsius (55.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 0.9 °C (1.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 19.5°C (67.1°F) on average falling to 5.9°C (42.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 19.3°C (66.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 8°C (46.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 18.2°C (64.8°F) and average low temperatures are 7.5°C (45.5°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 18.9°C (66°F) during the day and lows of 7.4°C (45.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 824 mm (32.4 inches) which is equivalent to 824 Litres/m˛ (20.21 Gallons/ft˛).
- On average there are 1710 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Bogota you would come out nearest to the climate station at Jakarta, Java, Indonesia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Bogotá, Colombia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: